Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Evolution Is Good...


Well hello...and thanks for stopping in.

So I had a slight epiphany about a week ago while in attendance of a digital marketing conference in Phoenix. As I listened and absorbed an abundant amount of information (thank you Agencyside) on the ever shifting and developing trends within social media and within marketing approaches in general, combined with a society that is ever-hungry for relevant and engaging content, I realized that by my very profession, i should really be offering a blog, or an outlet, for more relevant information for people to read. Now grant you, this does not mean that I will lose my sense of humor...an underlying thread that I do think a majority of my readers find as a benefit...but I do have much more to offer than just ranting and raving like a lunatic about topics and information that at the end of the day...is meaningless to most of the world. So as all living, breathing things often find themselves doing, my blog is going through an evolution of its own. 

I think my prior blogs, much to my wifes testimony are simply the rants and raves of someone who always seems angry and bitter. Funny? Absolutely. Pain-in-the-side hilarious? Without a doubt. But in the end, I really would rather be creating something that people actually find entertaining, funny AND relevant. I mean really, at the end of the day, you can only talk about the Packers, bad experiences at Postal Annex and Irvine drivers so much before it gets old.

Well maybe not the Irvine drivers. You can't make that shit up.

My goal with The Griddle though is to provide a source of information and of course, entertainment that takes both broad and detailed looks at the things which are developing in our society as a whole...whether it be cultural trends, news, media, poilitcs, art, creativity, etc. It's literally a plate of what is cooking in the world, through the eyes of someone who has made a career of studying what drives, afffects and impacts consumers and drives action and response. Very much like the breakfasts in the south (where they throw a steak, eggs, bacon and hashbrowns together in one pan and cook it all together before throwing it on a plate) this blog will be a little of everything and specific to nothing. But again, it will have my humor, perhaps more defined however, to incorporate my views on what is going on out there in our crazy-ass society. 

So that being a rather long introduction, I encourage and ask that you sign up via email and follow me. In fact, to quote Mr. Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory:

"I'm so glad you could come. This is going to be such an exciting day. I hope you enjoy it......I think you will."


Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment